Resources for Marketers in Covid-19
This is a list of free resources is designed to help marketers at companies of all sizes and types. This list will be regularly updated with new submissions.
Do you have additional resources to add? Please let us know!
At Viralspace.ai, we’re also offering 30 minutes of free consulting on Facebook Ads strategy with our CEO. We specialize in working with large consumer brands, but we welcome anyone who may need data-driven consulting in this time. Sign up here.
Understand how Covid-19 affects marketers
Summary: spending and revenue took a hit at the start of the pandemic, but both of those metrics have returned to near normal. People are still buying, and it still makes sense to seek performance.
- BounceX’s Retail Pulse tracks e-mail open stats, website visits, revenue, and more for their clientele
- Within’s Retail Pulse tracks social media spend and revenue across sectors like fashion and e-commerce
- Neil Patel’s article tracks traffic and conversion trends across industries
- AdWeek’s take on how Coronavirus is disrupting the advertising industry
- Vogue Business reflects on how changes in China will be reflected in other parts of the world
- Klaviyo has a business and consumer survey updated daily that keeps a pulse on Covid-19 trends.
- Placer maintains a dashboard of retail foot traffic trends
Shifting your PPC (Facebook Ads, Google Ads) strategy
Summary: As you continue to run paid advertising, think about how to shift your tone. See if you can find new heroes in your product line, and if not, see if you can shift your messaging to directly address the pandemic. Talk about staying at home. Talk about comfort. Talk about staying normal.
- Viralspace’s writeup on 4 ways to change Facebook Ads in the time of Coronavirus shares actionable recommendations and strong ad examples from brands
- Thrive Agency recommends local SEO and special offers
- The Drum advocates becoming more, not less visible in this time by updating evergreen ads
- Search Engine Journal offers more Google-specific advertising advice
- Wordstream shares search trends
- Twitter talks about the things people need right now on Twitter.
Shifting your marketing strategy as a whole
Summary: Share useful PSAs. Bring light and positivity. Connect with your customers as people.
- Ogilvy Asia shares a report on steering brands through a crisis, with data from the SARS outbreak. Another Ogilvy report shares tips on brand messaging in this time: listen first, bring humor, and share messages of solidarity.
- Klaviyo writes about how to communicate with empathy.
- Community Chat maintains weekly posts about maintaining community and events in the time of Coronavirus
Strong Company Responses
Summary: Companies are doing everything from spreading PSAs to making huge donations. See if you can do the same: it’s more than just your marketing messages that should change!
- Ad Age maintains a regularly updated list of marketers’ responses to Coronavirus, with a focus on large brands
- Planning Dirty’s list of first brand responses to Covid-19, broken down by industry
- McKinsey talks about demonstrating corporate purpose in the time of Coronavirus
- Strat News writes a deep dive on a few company responses to Covid-19
Summary: There are emergency funding resources, especially for small businesses. Look into them here.
- If you’re a small business, apply for some of Facebook’s $100MM cash grants
- A guide to small business Covid-19 loans
Working from Home
Summary: work from home is our “new normal.” New routines, tools, and mindsets will help you and your company adjust.
- Skillcrush’s comprehensive guide on how to work remotely
- A “Tech Handbook” of the best tools for working remotely
- We love this four-part guide from Toni Cowan-Brown
- Another guide from JC Social Marketing
- Another guide from The Verge
Free learning resources and tools
Summary: Looking to uplevel your skills? Looking for new tools? Many companies are offering free classes and resources to help with this.